Call for Nominations
The HALG 2018 conference seeks high-quality nominations for invited talks that will highlight recent advances in algorithmic research. Similarly to previous years, there are two categories of invited talks:
- A. survey (60 minutes): a survey of an algorithmic topic that has seen exciting developments in last couple of years.
- B. paper (30 minutes): a significant algorithmic result appearing in a paper in 2017 or later.
To nominate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Basic details: speaker name + topic (for survey talk) or paper's title, authors, conference/arxiv + preferable speaker (for paper talk).
- Brief justification: focus on the benefits to the audience, e.g., quality of results, importance/relevance of topic, clarity of talk, speaker's presentation skills. Pay attention to potentially non-obvious information, e.g., the topic might seem out of scope, or the material seems inadequate for one talk.
All nominations will be reviewed by the Program Committee (PC) to select speakers that will be invited to the conference.
- Nominations deadline: December 12, 2017 (for full consideration).
Please keep in mind that the conference does not provide financial support for the speakers.
HALG 2018 PC chair